Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Theatre of the mind

On a new binge of podcast additions I came across (with the help of Alex.. thanks) Jay Ingram's "Theatre of the Mind". I remember him from the discovery channel when I was in Toronto (I don't have a TV anymore.. thank god..)



The podcast is mainly for his new book (or maybe that is how it started) but it seems to have grown to a nice ling format with some useful/interesting information. The main topic is consciousness. On his website he has much more info.. a good read. The stuff on the homunculus is very interesting.. mainly these links good pic, wikipedia

But he is a little off on one thing. He said that no one had seen the classical homunculus (the small man in sperm), but there was one person who thought he saw it in the beggining of microscopes. Apparently he found a way to get very good magnufication, and wrote a paper detailing this little man. I can't remember his name, but this is well talked about in Bill Bryson's "A Short history of nearly everything." That book is a great read.. well.. actally I got the audio book, and I enjoyed all of it, and keep it in my iTunes library so that I have a chapter spliced in with my usual music..

No comments: